Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lots and lots of rock




all of us on top of Mt. Tallac
So, it's been a few weeks since my last blog and much has happened. When I left off I was about to go to a beer and bluegrass festival. That was more awesome than you can imagine. $30 for free beer from 30 breweries and 3 incredible bluegrass bands. I went with 12 or so people from my crew and we had an amazing time, and I will be back again next year.

I also had 10 wonderful friends come up to visit the following weekend. What started as a visit from 1-3 friends blossomed rapidly into and huge group of us having a blast all weekend. From hiking up Mt. Tallac and Fed carrying his dog most of the way up and back down, to spending all day at lake tahoe and then camping up in the woods getting drunk and rowdy with a rusty hatchet throwing competition (you can all imagine who won), it was spectacular. Everyone was sorely missed after they left.

I have since been very busy with work. We are nearly done with our largest rock work projects of the summer. 2 of our 3 multi-walls have been completed and the final and largest is due to be completed early next week. I have posted some pictures, but they are not quite up to date as my camera lens finally broke early this week (over a year since I initially broke it after a sophia's trivia night), so I have not captured out most recent advancements. While we have had a few broken/crushed fingers, we have been very fortunate to not have any serious injuries thus far. The same cannot be said for the young fellow who had to be evacuated via helicopter from above our worksite after he tumbled 100 yards head over heels down a talus slope breaking a number of bones and incurring more than a few serious lacerations.

That's all for now. Here are some pictures.

My crew working on foundation stones for our largest wall


Chiseling on stones for the lower part of the wall


Upper wall in middles stages


Upper wall Nearing Completion


Final touches going on upper wall


Dropping a stone to use on the wall


Our new staircase


Our largest wall as of Monday. Then camera died.

1 comment:

  1. lonaX does not recognize the blond girl kneeling next to marie. puddin', please tell her she looks like a nugget and lonaX would like to meet her next picnic day.

    thank you sir, keep up the posts.

    lonaX

    ReplyDelete