This past week of work my crew finished up everything on Mt. Tallac by Tuesday which meant we moved over to the Cold Creek worksite on Wednesday and started a re-route of a mountain bike trail. This coming week will continue work on this same trail and start doing some more rock work projects.
Here is a picture of the tree stump from hell. It took 6 hours to get this out. We broke a shovel and an axe and it finally took a chainsaw and grip-hoist to get it out.
Labor day weekend up here in Tahoe was crazy. TONS of tourists. So I tried to avoid as much of them as possible. However one of the highlights included seeing Machete on opening night down at Stateline. An awesome movie to say the least.

I also had a lot of free time around camp so I got to make a few rock structures including this one here:
And today we moved camp for our last time. This final month should be very enjoyable as the tourists are gone until winter time leaving all of Lake Tahoe to us to enjoy. Additionally the weather is finally cooling off making work more enjoyable as well as life in general(for me at least). It will be a high of 61 degrees up here Wed and Thursday!
That is all for now...
There's a guy here who stacks rocks in Boulder Creek into towers anywhere from 2-7 rocks and 1-5 feet tall. It's meditative for him. I'll get you a picture or two if he continues in Winter.
ReplyDelete