Saturday, July 10, 2010

Unending Things To Do

While I may be writing this blog only for Lonac at this point that is fine by me. But since I have removed my Facebook account perhaps more will look here for what I am up to. As for why I removed my facebook it is because I am lucky to be online for 1 hour each week and it proved to be more of a burden than a help for me. So if I do get more than an hour to be online I will try and post something here.

I have been awesomely busy. Work is going great. I have been moved to the west shore where I am heading up the largest project of the summer which is the reconstruction of a set of switchbacks on the Mt. Tallac Trail in Desolation Wilderness. It is a 3 mile up hill hike to the worksite each day where we are building a number of dry stone retaining walls. The largest of which is about 40ft long and 6 feet tall. Our building specifications require that over half the stones weigh more than 150 pounds. This entails quite a bit of creativity for us as we are in a wilderness area meaning we cannot use any form of mechanized help. So moving all these stones by hand is quite daunting and often dangerous, but very fun an rewarding at the same time. I have not loaded any of the pictures of our work onto my computer just yet but I will be before too long and then you can see exactly what I am doing.

I am lucky to have every weekend off and this has allowed me to have some extremely fun times up here. I have gone on a backpacking trip in Desolation Wilderness, rock climbing all around the basin, floating down the truckee river, swimming in the lake, drinking at the bars, gambling at the casinos, watching 4th of july fireworks, and am heading to a beer and bluegrass festival today at Northstar.

That is all I have time for now. I will try and post more regularly and include more pictures. Here are a couple from my recent backpacking trip.





3 comments:

  1. alright puddin pop good to know you're not becoming a total teambo and lonaX-hating recluse.

    is that last photo taken above fallen leaf and cascade lake?

    i'll try to get on andrew and jurd's case to pick a damn weekend and we'll let you know.
    you fly your ass out here, we'll buy the beers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last photo was taken from the top of echo peak and in it is 5 lakes. can you find all 5? obviously lake tahoe at the top, then fallen leaf, then angora lakes are the other 2 clear ones. the 5th is small and unnamed. cascade lake is hidden by a ridge to the left on this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude epic pictures and good to hear youre alive and well. Laying rocks bigger than yourself, thats pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete