Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Back in California and debt free


While leaving Flagstaff in the midst of a snow storm was sad it's great to be back in California. Before gong into events here I'll recap the last couple weeks in Flagstaff. I spent two weeks in Lake Mead fencing with a two day hiatus during that time back in Flagstaff to do a service project to finish off my AmeriCorps program. I have now finished AmeriCorps and just got my educational award with which I have now paid off my school loans and am debt free. Phew, that's nice to have out of the way.
My americorps project was a trash cleanup along one of the popular running trails in Flagstaff. I was able to get 15 volunteers to come out and help and many from the nau track/xc team. We gathered a ton of trash, much of which was quite unique including a full bottle of pills, a hula hoop, partially full bottles of vodka, and the winner for most bizzare trash was this:

my wonderful volunteers


At Lake Mead we were treated to some wonderful weather and amazing sunsets.

We were in some pretty remote places which required quite a bit of four wheeling which was a blast in our company Tundra. Although the office was not pleased that I beat the crap out of it. The front fender is now falling off and I got two flats.

Besides the fun in the Tundra we got a ton of work done. Here is a section of fence we completed. You can see it stretching off 3 miles into the distance.

After Lake Mead we had our company party which was a great time as we played office chair hockey with brooms at 3am in our warehouse. The next day my coworkers and I who were planning a climbing trip to red rocks by vegas came to the sad realization that it would not happen in the middle of a rainstorm so we each went our seperate ways back home. I started the 12 hour drive back to Carmel. I spent the night in Tehachapi and made it back home on Sunday around noon.
I have enjoyed relaxing and being at home and have much to do in the week I am here.
Top on the priority list is to eat at Taqueria de Valle which is difficult this time of year because they are often closed to be with family.
I am also going to spend much time with my family, and of course try and see as many friends as possible. I am heading up to the bay area tomorrow to visit Scott and go with Ben skiing at Tahoe where they have been raped by snow so far this season. Back home for christmas then back to the bay are to see friends again and leave at 6am on the 28th to fly to mexico.
Oh yeah, Mexico...once again I am too tired so I will get to that next time. Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment