Monday, December 6, 2010

Wrapping up the work year and unwrapping the running

Well it's been a hell of a year. Just got off the phone with Keith a bit ago and we commented on the state of affairs a year ago. I was living on a coach at ND and working at a restaurant. It was actually December 6th, 2009 that I found out I would be getting this job. I had little idea of what to expect and while it has had it's ups and downs it has been amazing.
I am now heading out tomorrow morning for my final project of the year which will be a low key fencing project at Lake Mead. Weather will be a sunny 70 degrees each day.
I will finish my AmeriCorps term on Saturday at the conclusion of my volunteer service event at which point I will be able to pay off my student loans.
Our end of season party will be on the 17th and I will start road tripping back through California on the 18th.
I will enjoy Christmas with my family in Carmel Valley and hope to get some skiing in with friends before or after that.
The year will then conclude with flying down to San Luis Potosi, Mexico where I will spend all of January at an Altitude Training Center(more on that at a later time).
I have run two days in a row now which is the most since May. I look to improve on that streak the rest of the week.
As for now I am heading to bed. I should have another post around the 17th before I head back to California.
I will close with an amusing picture I took whilst driving through Flagstaff this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment